Ways of ordering your repeat medication
- By using our online services, Patient Access. If you are not registered to use this service, please register for our online services.
- By telephone – call us on 01692 678 102 for Ludham or 01692 584 919 for Stalham Green.
- In person – Please place your repeat slip in the boxes provided by the front doors of both surgeries, this will save you having to queue up to hand the slip in.
Please give three working days notice for repeat prescriptions. We would like to ensure that you don’t have to incur an extra journey to pick up any items that take the full three working days to obtain.
If you require medication when the practice is closed, please contact the surgery where you will be directed to the out of hours provider or alternatively pharmacies are permitted to an emergency supply of medication.
If you live more than one mile from a dispensing chemist you may choose to have your prescriptions dispensed at the surgery.
Please collect your repeat prescriptions after 11:00 as the dispensaries have a delivery each morning at 08:30 and any items that we may have to order for you will be dispensed during this period. This will ensure that your repeat medications are ready and waiting for you to collect.
During particularly busy periods, such as just before (and just after) a bank holiday, please allow four days for repeat prescriptions.
If you would like to know more, please contact reception.
Prescriptions charges and exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030.
- General public – Buy or renew a PPC on-line.
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.