Relief Receptionist – GP Surgery
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced GP Receptionist to join a bustling practice based over two sites in Ludham & Stalham, Norfolk. The successful relief receptionist will earn salary of £8.47 per hour and have flexible working hours. The vacancy is on a relief basis covering for both short notice sickness and pre- planned annual leave.
The practice is a friendly, rural, 4 partner training practice. Located on the beautiful Norfolk Broads, a pleasant 25-minute drive from Norwich / Gt Yarmouth, the practice places a great importance on learning and development of every member of the team. They recognise that without a well-trained, developed and motivated workforce, they cannot deliver quality clinical services. As a relief receptionist, you will be responsible for ensuring that patients receive a friendly, attentive and professional service. The receptionist’s core duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring efficiency of appointment system and monitor the flow of patients into consulting rooms
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts, if required.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and visitors ensuring visitors are signed in in line with Practice procedures
- Enter requests for home visits onto computer including all relevant information.
- Action requests for ambulance transportation
- Ensure that reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy
- Scanning all relevant documentation
- Filing notes
The successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of patient confidentiality, a compassionate and friendly manner and have a methodical approach to detailed work. You will be working as part of a busy GP Surgery team providing excellent support and demonstrating first class customer service skills relevant to a medical practice.
In addition, you must possess the following key skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- Good team player
- High attention to detail
- Good IT skill
- Excellent telephone manner
- Reliable, trustworthy and hardworking.
Previous experience within a GP surgery is highly desirable and the successful candidate must have a strong willingness to learn new skills.
If you wish to apply for the role of relief receptionist based in Ludham & Stalham, Norfolk, then please submit your CV with an accompanying covering letter explaining how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org